- 90 minute session at the start of the week to brainstorm and plan your content.
Where to get content ideas
- Keyword Tools
- Ask your readers
- Google Insights
- Visit forums / QnA Sites
- Read info products
- Type your keyword into an article directory like ezinearticles
- Re-touch up popular articles on your site
Selecting a niche
- Goto affiliate market place and see what products exist in your niche.
How to get your site up in 5 minutes
- Get a domain name with your keyword in it
- Go hostgator, buy cheapest hosting (upgrade later)
- Install WordPress, email hostgator if you don’t know how.
- Install a simple clean theme. You can re-design it later when you have traffic. Ignore magazine themes etc as you won’t have enough content to fill out the categories. The WP default theme is fine.
- Add plugins as you need or Google for top 10 plugins.
The basic plugins you want to have are:
- Contact form plugin
- W3 total cache plugin for better performance
- Akismet plugin to block spam